Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Saving the TREES.....

What is it with men and chain saws????? I am exhausted from a day of trying to save the beautiful trees which outline the property at the house where David and Sarah will soon (hopefully) live. Steve has been working at that house so I thought I would go over on Memorial Day (yes, we have ALWAYS worked on holidays) and maybe try to give the yard a face lift. I love working outside. So, I called my friend, Beth, and found that she was home with only one of four kids so talked her into helping me. There is really a neat little yard there... lined with trees. We were just admiring the trees when we found out that they are (were) planning to chop down several of them. We were telling them allll the reasons why they should leave those trees. Beth said it would 'beautify' the parking lot:-) (The property is behind our church and they bought it so they could add a much needed parking lot. ) I even called my mom to come down there to try to talk some sense into these men, namely my dad. Beth and I told the guys we would climb up the trees and stay there so they couldn't cut them down! (just that mental picture I'm sure was a factor in our favor) And then I think I figured out WHY the men love to cut down the trees. It's that 'feeling' they get with a chainsaw in their hands! It is rather manly you know. I think we kinda won... I rescued one little, rather cute tree as the guy with the chainsaw had only cut off one big limb. So, our outside efforts caused the guys to not get their inside work done but the yard sure does look better! It was fun. That was yesterday but I'm having a hangover from all of that. Too much manual labor I guess!
So much for keeping up with a blog. Maybe it'll be easier now since summer break is here.

22 comments:

Rachel said...

I am SO proud of you!!! I can't stand to see trees cut down needlessly.

Angie D said...

You should have called me! I hate to see men get chop-happy with innocent trees. I could have climbed up to defend one. (Of course, I probably would have fallen out, but...)

Just a mom said...

Carrie might be able to help you out with this. She has experience....

Rachel said...

Another post please! : )

Carrie said...

Yeah, I have a little experience in saving trees. You should've called me! ;)

One can never have too many trees (well, maybe Angie would argue that it would depend on the TYPE of tree!)

Angie D said...

If those are sweet gum or tulip trees, let the men have them or Sarah will have to spend the entire year raking!

sarahmfry said...

Hey - you need to update your blog and tell us all about your trip.

By the way - the other day Mom Fry and I were talking about the new parking lot and the additional trees that will probably go when it comes....Mom said, "Hey! You should call Jenny." She was serious! You are now our official lobbyist/picketer/tree hugger.

I'm looking forward to getting lots done tomorrow. Getting the kids good long naps today so that they'll be angels for you.

Julie Waggoner said...

enough saving the trees already!
Time to move on!
Julie

Karen Walden said...

Where are you?????

Angie D said...

June 21st - Boy, there must be more trees over there than I realized...

Michelle said...

June 27 -- has anyone seen Jenny and her family?? Shall we file a missing person's report.....

Angie D said...

Don't worry--she's likely up a tree somewhere.

Michelle said...

Hmmmm - maybe we should send out a search party....

Angie D said...

July 3rd - Just fire up a chain saw and she'll come running...

Rachel said...

Seriously, just sit down and type something. ; )

Making Memories 1999 said...

Hello from a long-lost "CFC Trio Wanna-Be" buddy!! Just found your blog and wanted to say HI!! God bless you!!

Julie Waggoner said...

wow--You must have saved a whole forest by now!! How proud you must be!
Julie

Patty said...

I have been wondering how your little guy is doing. I now have an email link on my blog, you can contact me that way.

Michelle said...

Is she holding out on us in hopes that she sets the world record for the most comments for 1 post?

Jenny -- surely you have something to tell us by now. You've got kids, afterall...........

Michelle said...

Pictures make good posts; I'm sure you have some of those. LOL You could post your newsletter. Hint, hint.

Anonymous said...

Oh where, Oh where hath jenny gone? Oh where, oh where could she be?!!

Becky

Jenny Gardner said...

ok.... so i posted... are you guys happy!!! hey there 'making memories' it is so good to catch up with you. can you believe i hollered at you on the street in dayton????:-)
ok....so i'm found michelle!!! there's some pics for you too. Finally figured out how to do that!